Wednesday, February 2, 2011

recovery week: part deux

Last Friday I woke up in the morning and I immediately knew something felt off. For starters, I was confused where I was when I woke up. That's never a good start. I was still sleepy and groggy so I was unable to figure out what exactly was wrong, but I went back to bed for a half hour. After that, I showered and went to work. While eating breakfast with Mark and Andy, I realized it was not worth being at work. I felt very lethargic and fatigued. I went home and slept for a couple hours. I woke up and took my temperature: ah-hah! I had a fever. Unfortunately, cowbell didn't help.

Andy was still at work, and was relaying his paranoia to me. He was going to be leaving for a one week vacation on Saturday, and the news was that a lot of people were out sick at work with flu-like symptoms. In retrospect, it's very likely that I had the flu. Luckily, I had a flu shot a few months ago and it's quite possible that the shot helped me through this. Not to mention that tens of people around my building have been out with the flu (that's a lot of people, by the way). Luckily, Andy did not get sick and he's been presumably enjoying himself skiing or snowboarding in Lake Taho, CA.

The entire weekend was spent lounging around and keeping my fever down with advil (translation: left 4 dead 2 all weekend). I also took off Monday to make sure I was fully healthy before coming back to work.

Since I was sick (again?) the past week, I had to postpone my recovery week in P90X until I was recovered from my short flu stint. Despite having done a couple of days already, I'm going to restart the recovery week again. I need to hurry up and finish P90X. I'm tired of doing it.

1 comment: