Thursday, June 16, 2011

I take my kickball seriously

Last night we had our second game (my first game) of kickball.

For some reason, whether it be my competitiveness or my lack of understanding the consequences of my decisions, I always injure myself. Usually this involves scrapes on my knees and elbows, and tonight was no different. Actually it was a bit different. This might be my best injury to date.

I was running from 2nd to 3rd base in a fool-hearty attempt to capitalize on the loose ball around shortstop. It was ill-advised, but sometimes you just gotta go for it. Well, when I was about 5 feet from the base they threw the ball at my feet to tag me out. At that point I jumped in the air and contorted in such a way to dodge the ball, which I did successfully. Unfortunately, after contorting, I couldn't land on my feet properly and while I don't remember exactly what happened, I'm pretty sure I landed hard, flat on my stomach on the ground. The ball that missed me went straight into the hands of a nearby player, so I had to then immediately get to my feet and dive 5 feet forward to get on base. Sadly, I was tagged out a split second before my hand reached the base. Somewhere in there, I managed to scrape both my knees, my right elbow, and my right hip. My right hip is somehow rubbed raw, probably because it was scraped through my shirt. Let's just say that the hydrogen peroxide was not my friend.

On the bright side, after that debacle of mine, we recovered to the tune of 18-3. It was pure domination.

No comments:

Post a Comment